No matter the industry your business belongs to, search engine optimization is a technology trend-inspired strategy you must consider to stand out in the almost-endless sea of digital content.
Even for blockchain or cryptocurrency companies, SEO can be a powerful way to boost their online presence and reach mainstream audiences. From blockchain game companies to crypto wallet companies, SEO makes the business more visible to search engines.
Optimizing your website and content for the search engine means that you’re making it easier for your target market to find you. And with the right SEO strategy, you can even rank higher than your competitors on the search engine results pages (SERPs), driving more traffic—and potential customers—to your site.
But SEO isn’t a one-time effort; it’s an ongoing process that should be built into your organization’s marketing strategy from the ground up. To help you get started, we’ve put together an ultimate guide to SEO for crypto and blockchain companies.
In this guide, we’ll cover everything from how to do keyword research to how to measure your SEO results.
On-Page SEO for Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Industry: How Is It Important?
Think about this way: when people want to learn more about a new topic, where do they go? Google– the world’s biggest search engine. In fact, about 63,000 searches happen every second on this platform. That’s over five billion searches per day!
With such a huge number of people using Google to find information about all sorts of things, it only makes sense that you want your blockchain or cryptocurrency company to show up when they search for keywords related to your industry. And that’s where on-page SEO comes in.
On-page SEO is the process of optimizing your website and its individual web pages to make them more search engine friendly. This way, when people search for keywords related to your business, your site has a better chance of ranking higher on the SERPs—and getting noticed by your target market.
There are a few different elements to on-page SEO, but some of the most important ones for the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry include:
- Keyword research: Identifying which keywords or phrases your target market is searching for and then incorporating them into your website and content.
- Title tags and meta descriptions: Create compelling title tags and meta descriptions that accurately reflect what your website or individual webpages are about.
- Header tags: Using header tags (Htags) to break up your content into smaller, more digestible sections.
- Internal linking: Linking to other relevant pages on your website to help search engines better understand your site’s hierarchy and organization.
- Content optimization: Creating high-quality, keyword-rich content that accurately reflects what your website or individual web pages are about
On-Page SEO Best Practices for Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Industry
Just like with any other industry, there are certain best practices that you should follow when it comes to SEO for blockchain and cryptocurrency. Here are some of the most important ones:
Do your keyword research
Before you can optimize your site for the search engine, you need to know which keywords to target. Use a tool like Google Keyword Planner to research relevant keywords for the blockchain cryptocurrency industry.
For example, if you’re on a crypto wallet company or create crypto wallet content, you’ll want to target keywords like “crypto wallet,” “best cold cryptocurrency wallets,” etc. Once you have a list of keywords, you can start incorporating them into your website and content.
Create high-quality content
Once you know which keywords to target, you can start creating your site’s content. When it comes to SEO, quality is more important than quantity. So, make sure that all of your site’s content is well-written, informative, and relevant to your target market.
In addition to writing quality content, you also need to make sure that your content is keyword-optimized. This means incorporating your target keywords into your content in a way that sounds natural and doesn’t come across as forced.
Remember that the focus on optimizing is to make it much easier for your readers to consume and access your content, rather than blatantly “appeal” to search engines to get the first rank.
Invest in video content
Blockchain and cryptocurrency are complex topics. Not everyone can understand the concept in a minute read. This is where videos come in as a great form of content to include in your website or blog post.
Videos are a great way to explain complex concepts in a way that’s easy for people to understand. And since they’re so engaging, they can also help keep people on your site longer, which can help improve your site’s SEO.
If you decide to incorporate videos into your content strategy, make sure to optimize them for the search engine by:
- Including relevant keywords in the title and description
- Transcribe the video and include a transcript on your site
- Keeping it short and straightforward
- Creating a customized thumbnail
In addition to creating high-quality blockchain or cryptocurrency-related content, you also need to focus on building backlinks– which are links from other websites that point back to your site.
The more backlinks you have, the higher your site will rank in the search engine. So, if you want to improve your site’s SEO, start reaching out to other websites in your industry and see if they’d be interested in linking to your site.
There are a few ways you can do this:
- Reach out to influencers and ask them to mention your site in their blog post or video
- Guest post on relevant blogs and include a link back to your site in your author bio
- Create infographics or other types of visual content and include a link back to your site when you share it on social media
Optimize Google E-A-T
Google’s E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness) is a set of quality guidelines that the search engine uses to rank websites. So, if you want your site to rank well in Google, you need to make sure that it meets all of the E-A-T criteria.
Some of the things you can do to optimize your site for Google E-A-T include:
- Creating high-quality content that’s well researched and accurate
- Including testimonials, reviews, and citations from reputable sources
- Making sure your blockchain or crypto website is safe and secure
- Ensuring that your site is easy to use and navigate
- Making sure your site is mobile-friendly
Optimizing blockchain and cryptocurrency websites or content allows you to reach a wider audience and helps you build trust and credibility within the industry. Although no one really knows how search engine algorithms work, and there are always sudden algorithm updates, those who have been in the SEO game for a while know that certain best practices will always remain relevant.
All points mentioned above are tried-and-true SEO methods that can help you rank higher in the search engine and drive more traffic to your site.
Andre Oentoro is the founder of Breadnbeyond, an award-winning explainer video company. He helps businesses increase conversion rates, close more sales, and get positive ROI from explainer videos (in that order).
Email: [email protected]
LinkedIn: Andre Oentoro